We at fonolab have been representing Tamura MC Step-Up transformers for a long time. After we worked with the top model SUT-83S, its simplified versions based on TKS models, and presented our original EQ LOAD correction module, we have decided to take a new look at Tamura transformers.
For work we have chosen the FLT series, that have an extended frequency range with the possibility of connecting cartridges with an impedance of 3 and 40 Ohms.
We offer various options for FLT transformer: from a simple model with a shortest signal path to the model with the presence of the EQ LOAD correction module.
We will be also happy to make designs with your special wishes.
FLT series features:
- MC step-up transformer which has both ultra-wide band and ultra-small distortion
- Permalloy toroidal core transformers (specially manufactured by Tamura Corp.) is used for each channel
- The custom-made aluminum/copper case equipped with highly efficient internal damping materials
- Stainless-steel non-magnetic screws to minimize the influence of the magnetic distortion; thereby the clear sound has been realized
- LC-OFC is used for the wiring material
- High quality Gold-plated brass RCA connectors with Teflon insulation
- Suitable for almost all MC cartridges (Koetsu, Van den Hul, Ortofon, Lyra etc.) with LP playing of fine quality.
- Input impedance: 3 / 40 Ohms
- Output impedance: 4k Ohms
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz (+-1.0dB)
- Chanel separation: 60dB or more (20Hz-50kHz)
- Ratio: 1:10 / 1:36
- Phase characteristics: Within 10° (20Hz-50kHz)